The Guiding Principles of Montague Catholic Social Ministries come from the Key Principles of Catholic Social Justice Teachings and include:
- Human Dignity – Belief in the inherent dignity of the human person. All persons are to be treated with dignity and mutual respect.
- Community and Common Good – Everyone has a responsibility to contribute to the good of the whole of society, to the common good.
- Rights and Responsibilities – Every person has a fundamental right to those things required for human decency – starting with food, shelter, and clothing, employment, health care, and education.
- Participation – All people have the right to participate in the economic, political and cultural life of society. It is a fundamental demand of justice and a requirement for human dignity that all people be assured a minimum level of participation in the community.
- Promotion of Peace – Supporting peaceful conflict resolution.