Basic Needs Program is open every Wednesday from 10 AM-12 PM, for walk-ins. Press the 103 button at the entrance to the Moltenbrey Apartments at 43 Third Street in Turners Falls. If the bell is not working please call 413-824-5386.
The Basic Needs program includes:
- Monthly nonperishable emergency food bags
- Information & referrals to other services
- Franklin County Diaper Distribution Center
- Housing assistance for back rent and start-up rental assistance
- Salvation Army service unit for the five villages of Montague- Turners Falls, Montague Center, Millers Falls, Lake Pleasant, and Montague City
Housing assistance is currently through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (413-824-5386). If you are in need of in-person housing assistance please call or text to schedule an appointment.
For help with move-in costs, please send the following:
- The application along with a copy of the new lease
- Photo ID
- Income and DTA verification (SNAP Benefits)
For back rent, please send the following:
- 14-day notice to quit
- Photo ID
- Income and DTA verification(SNAP Benefits)